Electra constantly strives to enhance its position in the Israeli market by leveraging its potency and resources in the consumer products and retail sectors, representing top brands, and entering new complementary markets. Electra is a subsidiary of the Elco Holdings Ltd. Group (TASE: ELCO), part of the TASE 100 Index (TASE: ECP) and a parent company of Electra Consumer Products (1951) Ltd. Electra has about 3,000 employees. During 2012, revenue turnover amounted to NIS 2.5 billion.
Consumer Products Sector
Electra manufactures, imports, exports, markets and distributes air-conditioning, home water purifiers, and electric and electronic home appliances under the brand names:
• Electra Bar
Electra’s brands consist of a wide variety of electrical products:
Air Conditioners – of all types: wall-mounted, mini central units, inverter, VRF/VRV systems, Water products, etc.
“White” Appliances – refrigerators, freezers, washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, ovens, microwaves, hobs, oven hoods.
“Brown” Appliances – TVs, audio systems, DVD players, home cinemas.
Small Appliances – food processors, kettles, shavers, hair-removers, vacuum cleaners, irons, etc.
Home Water Purifiers – home water installations.
Electra After Sale Service
Electra operates a nationwide service network, one of Israel’s largest, with about 250 technicians, a switchboard with about 100 operators, and outstanding consultants and professionals specializing in the field, who service Electra-imported and marketed products at the customer’s home or at repair laboratories. The service is provided to some 1.5 million customers under product warranties, or under paid annual service agreements for institutions and private individuals. The group’s After Sales Service is considered to be the best and most advanced in Israel .
Electrical Chains Sector
Electra operates three of Israel’s largest and leading chains specializing in the marketing and sale of electrical and electronic appliances, through 3 brands that operate within different positions and target customers through about 80 outlets nationwide, operating under the brand names:
• Shekem Electric
• Big Sensor
• Machsenei Hashmal
Electra also operates a chain of 35 franchisees selling air conditioners under the Kochav Hakor brand name.
DIY Chains Sector
The Group operates two chains specializing in the marketing and sale of DIY and home design, products and gadgets for the car under the ACE and Auto-Depot brands, spread in 34 branches around the country.
Electra Brings to Israel’s Electrical Appliances and Consumer Products Sector:
• Size dominance and significant access to almost all sectors.
• Broad awareness and preference for group brands that have been active in Israel for decades, alongside innovation and leading international brands.
• A wide range of products available at competitive quality and prices.
• Notable leadership in the air-conditioning field.
• Broad marketing deployment and capabilities to distribute products to all relevant points of sale.
• Electrical appliances chains, among the largest in Israel, that operate retail specialty stores and are located in attractive and convenient areas, both in and outside of city centers.
• Extensive activities in retail DIY products, home design and vehicle accessories and services.
• Relations with a broad range of leading suppliers, without dependence on any one supplier.
• High-level service that the entire sector tries to copy.
• Broad geographical presence in Israel, and growing business operations worldwide.
• Financial strength.
Electra Consumer Products – Business Vision
• To establish Electra as the largest and leading group in Israel that offers the broadest range of solutions for home products including electrical products, DIY, and car accessories at competitive quality and price, enhancing the quality of life.
• To continue to be the No.1 service company, with significantly higher standards than other companies in the field.
• To demonstrate its leading position in the retail sector by operating chains specializing in electrical products and car products and accessories by positioning them to various customers.
• To continue leading the air-conditioning market, with innovative marketing, advanced technologies and in market share, to expand air conditioner activities to international markets, and consequently become one of the world’s leading companies in terms of air conditioner sales in various and many markets.
• To strengthen Electra’s position as the importer of leading international brands.
• To examine expanding activities via additional acquisitions in other areas of consumer and retail products.
• To demonstrate Electra’s commitment to social responsibility and actively contribute to the community in which it operates.
• To foster the individual and the values of the organization as a “good place to work”.